It's been a long time since my last post so I thought I'd post a short note. We got the fifth revision of the floor plan back from the designer last week and have returned it. I think we're getting close to having something we will work with. However, I feel that we are still falling into the designers bloat syndrome, where the easiest way to make it look right is to enlarge and add more space.
The changes we sent back in are minimal,so I am hoping we'll get what will turn out to be the final version late this week or early next. Maybe one more iteration and we'll have it conceptually ready. Then we get to have detailed plans drawn up and go out for bids to complete the interior of the house.
Then, once it cools off a bit outside, we will be starting to work on the lot and begin preparing it for us moving in. There needs to be some cleanup (from trash) and some cleanup done on the trees and scrub there. We also need to get a survey and find the actual property lines.
All in all things are still progressing, so maybe next summer we can move in.