Now that we have the land, we just need to finalize a house plan and then locate it on the property. I hope we'll get that done within the next month, give or take. We just got the third iteration back from the designer today and will be going over it in the near future.
From there it will take another month to get final construction documents ready for us to go out for bids on the construction. While this is happening, we can have Monolithic Domes start making the balloon to create the outer shell. The process takes about 6 weeks to fabricate the balloon and then we get put in the queue for construction. So starting from today an approximate timeline would be:
- Close on the land: June 1
- Finalize design concepts: July 1
- Generate Construction Documents: August 1
- Acquire bids for the interior work: August 1-September 1
- Construct the Balloon for the domes: September 15
- Get in the queue for building the dome: November 1
- Complete the Dome structure: November 21st
- Complete the interior work: March 1st
- Move in over spring break 2012!
This is probably a bit optimal, but it give you an idea of the time required to complete the dome home.
Here is a picture of the land: